If you’re a client of Audience Ops, then we recommend you set up a Buffer account, which we’ll use to schedule social media posts on your behalf.
Since these social posts are based on the blog content we’ll be producing for you, we recommend using the ‘WordPress to Buffer Pro’ plugin.
Typically, we can install and configure this plugin for you, if you provide us with Administrator access to your WordPress site. However, if that is not an option, then you can follow the steps below to install and configure it for us:
- Receive the plugin .zip file and license key that we send you. If you haven’t found this, email your account manager and we’ll get it to you.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to ‘WP to Buffer Pro’ > Licensing and input and save the license key we gave you.
- Go to ‘WP to Buffer Pro’ > Settings and click to authorize your Buffer.com account.
- Still in ‘WP to Buffer Pro’ > Settings, under “Post Level Default”, select “Post to Buffer using Manual Settings”, then save. Screenshot
- Still in ‘WP to Buffer Pro’ > Settings > “Post” tab (and “Podcast” tab if we’re handling your podcast for you too)… Uncheck the “enable” box for “Default: Publish” and “Default: Update”. When finished, you should not see a green checkmark on the top-right corner of the “Post” and “Podcast” tabs. Screenshot
- All set! You can reply back to your account manager to confirm this is done.