We created this guide for our clients of Audience Ops Podcasting — Our done-for-podcasting service.
In this guide, we’ll walk through the process to get your new podcast listed in the most popular podcast directories:
- Google Play
Before you start…
Before you can begin the process of getting listed in these directories, your podcast must have at least 1 episode already published.
You should also have a podcast feed URL generated. If you’re using the Seriously Simple Podcasting WordPress plugin, which we recommend, this plugin will provide you with your podcast feed URL.
Submit your podcast to iTunes
iTunes is the first place you should start, since it’s the most popular directory for podcasts. Follow these steps to get listed in iTunes podcast directory:
- Go to the iTunes Connect login page
- Log in using your Apple ID
- Select “Podcasts Connect” (screenshot)
- Get your podcast feed URL from your website. If you’re using the ‘Seriously Simple Podcasting’ WordPress plugin, then you’ll find your feed URL in Podcasts > Settings > Publishing. It is the URL labeled “Complete Feed” (screenshot). Copy this URL.
- Paste your Podcast Feed URL in iTunes Connect, in the RSS Feed URL field (screenshot)
- Click “Validate”. Assuming it is valid, you can then click “Submit”.
Note: It can take a full business day, sometimes more, before your podcast is approved and listed in iTunes. You should receive an email from Apple once your podcast has been successfully listed.
Submit your podcast to Stitcher
- Go to the Stitcher Content Providers page
- Create a new account
- Enter your podcast’s information
- Paste your Podcast Feed URL in the podcast settings
- Submit the form.
It can take a day or so before Stitcher will approve and list your podcast in their directory.
Submit your podcast to Google Play
- Go to the Podcasts in Google Play page
- Click the “Publish” button and log in using your Google Account
- Paste your Podcast Feed URL and follow the next steps to complete your listing.
Submit your podcast to Spotify
Spotify is a popular music service, and has a podcasts listing directory. However, they don’t guarantee that every show will end up being listed.
To submit your show for a potential listing, you can use Spotify’s show submission request form here.