This guide was created for clients of Audience Ops Podcasting service. As an optional part of our service, we will cross-post your podcast episodes to your YouTube Channel so that your audience can watch and find you in the world’s #2 search engine!
In order for our team to be able to upload and publish videos to your YouTube Channel on your behalf, we’ll need you to grant us access to manage your YouTube Channel.
Before you begin:
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create your YouTube Channel. YouTube Channels can either be Personal Channels or a Brand Channel.
For most of our clients, we recommend creating a Brand Channel, to represent your company, instead of you personally.
But if your podcast and youtube videos are intended to represent you as your personal brand, then you might consider sticking with a Personal Channel.
You’ll also need to ensure that your YouTube Channel is a “Brand Channel”. Here are Google’s instructions for converting a YouTube Channel into a Brand Channel.
Once you’ve created your YouTube Channel, you can proceed to inviting us to manage it for you:
How to invite a manager to your YouTube Channel
- Go to YouTube.com and log in using your Google Account (the Google Account that owns your YouTube Channel).
- Click the dropdown in the top-right corner, then select “Settings” (screenshot)
- Next to “Managers” click “Add or remove Managers” (screenshot)
- Click “Manage Permissions” (screenshot)
- Click the icon in the top-right corner of the box to invite a new user (screenshot)
- Type our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For role, select “Manager” (screenshot)
- Click “Invite” (screenshot)
We will then accept the invite. Now we’ll be able to upload videos on your behalf to your YouTube Channel.