How do I connect my WordPress site to my Audience Ops Calendar account?
Follow these steps to install, activate, and register your Audience Ops Calendar WordPress plugin:
- Visit the download page for the WordPress plugin here.
- Click "Download"
- Enter your email address, first name, last name, then click "Purchase" (don't worry, this is a free download, you're not purchasing anything. It's just the way our checkout system is set up.)
- On the next page, your "Purchase Confirmation" page, you will see 2 important things (we also send you these in an email):
- Your license key
- A link to download the WordPress plugin.
- Download the WordPress plugin.
- In WordPress, go to Plugins > Add New > Upload > Select the plugin .zip file you downloaded, then install.
- Click "Activate" to activate the WordPress plugin.
- Once activated, in WordPress go to Settings > Audience Ops Calendar Settings
- Click the "License" tab
- Enter your license key that we gave to you when you downloaded the WordPress plugin, click "Save". You should see a green checkmark.
- In a separate browser tab, log into your Audience Ops Calendar account (keep WordPress open).
- In Audience Ops Calendar, go to Settings > Calendar Settings
- Enter your full website URL. Be sure that you include the exact URL of your WordPress blog's installation, otherwise tracking won't work properly:
- Use http:// or https:// (whichever your site uses)
- Include www or don't (whichever your site uses)
- If WordPress is installed on a subdomain (sub.domain.com) or a subdirectory (domain.com/subdirectory) then include that.
- After your site URL is saved, you'll see your API Key and API Secret. Highlight and copy each of these, then in WordPress, paste these into those boxes in the "Integrations" tab. Click "Save".
Once connected, you should see green checkmarks in your WordPress integrations page. Now your WordPress site is connected to your Audience Ops Calendar.
You will receive future updates to the WordPress plugin pushed automatically to your WordPress dashboard.