What do we do in terms of SEO?
One question we get asked fairly frequently is what sort of keyword research and SEO work we put into each blog post that we create.
After coming up with topics to cover on your blog, we typically do some keyword research to find relevant search terms to include for each post. That said, if you have specific keywords you want us to target, we can certainly plan for those in upcoming content (and adjust our drafts accordingly). You just need to let us know!
On average, our clients see a 30-60% increase in organic search traffic after three to six months of consistent content publishing. However, ranking for specific keywords always depends on the competition in your particular niche or market.
Our SEO Process
Want some specifics? Here are some steps we take specifically related to keywords and SEO:
- We always try and start with your target customer’s problems and plan topics aimed at those.
- We’ll do light keyword research based on the topic we’ve planned.
- When we send you upcoming topics or the brief outlines for the next article to enter production, if there are particular keywords or phrases you want us to target, please let us know.
- We try to avoid “keyword stuffing” in favor of including the keyword phrases naturally in the content, as this is the best practice in recent years.
- If you’re on WordPress, we recommend you install the Yoast SEO plugin. We will write and fill in your title and meta description tags there.
- We aim to include approximately two internal links and two external links to relevant resources per post. This is good practice for SEO.
- Our typical article length, 1,200-1,500 words, is ideal as it provides enough space to flesh out a topic deeply—making it a valuable resource for Google to rank.